- Apples: protect your heart, prevent constipation, blocks diarrhea, improves lung capacity and cushions joints.
- Apricots: combats cancer, controls blood pressure, saves your eyesight, shields against Alzheimer’s, lows aging process.
- Artichokes: aids digestion, lowers cholesterol, protects your heart, stabilizes blood sugar, guards against liver disease.
- Avocados: battles diabetes, lowers cholesterol, helps stops strokes, controls blood pressure, smoothes skin.
- Bananas: protect your heart, quiets a cough, strengthens bones, controls blood pressure, blocks diarrhea.
- Beans: prevent constipation, helps hemorrhoids, lowers cholesterol, combats cancer, stabilizes blood sugar.
- Beets: controls blood pressure, combats cancer, strengthens bones, protects your heart, aids in weight loss.
- Blueberries: combats cancer, protects your heart, stabilizes blood sugar, boosts memory, helps prevents constipation.
- Broccoli: strengthens bones, saves eyesight, combats cancer, protects your heart, controls blood pressure.
- Cabbage: combats cancer, prevents constipation, promotes weight loss, protects your heart, helps hemorrhoids.
- Cantaloupe: saves eyesight, controls blood pressure, lowers cholesterol, combats cancer, supports immune system.
- Cherries: protects your heart, combats cancer, ends insomnia, slows aging process, shields against Alzheimer’s.
- Chili peppers: aids digestion, soothes sore throat, clears sinuses, combats Cancer, boosts immune system.
- Figs: promotes weight loss, helps stops strokes, lowers cholesterol, combats cancer, controls blood pressure.
- Flax: aids digestion, battles diabetes, protects your heart, improves mental health, boosts immune system.
- Garlic: lowers cholesterol, controls blood pressure, combats cancer, kills bacteria, fights fungus.
- Grapefruit: protects against heart attacks, promotes weight loss, combats prostate cancer, lowers cholesterol.
- Grapes: saves eyesight, conquers kidney stones, combats cancer, enhances blood flow, protects your heart.
- Honey: heals wounds, aids digestion, guards against ulcers, increases energy, fights allergies.
- Olive oil: protects your heart, promotes weight loss, combats cancer, battles diabetes, smoothes skin.
- Prunes: slows aging process, prevents constipation, boosts memory, lowers cholesterol, protects against heart disease.
- Tomatoes: protects prostate, combats cancer, lowers cholesterol, protects your heart.
- Water: promotes weight loss, combats cancer, conquers kidney stones, smoothes skin.
It’s September! Whether you say Autumn or Fall, it’s in the air. Apples are just a few of the harvest bounty that we think about.
Remember when your mom told you that an apple a day will keep the doctor away…it’s true!
Did you know that apples are packed with such goodness like pectin, vitamin C, and numerous phytochemicals that may help prevent heart disease and certain cancers, and also alleviate symptoms of allergies and asthma.
For vitamin C and glutathione, eat apples uncooked, as these nutrients are diminished by heat. For pectin, it’s best to cook the apples, as the pectin is released web the apples’ cell walls soften as they cook.
Info from Fight Back With Food.
Carolyn Akens, Certified Integrative Nutrition Health Coach, Author, Holistic Chef, Raw Food Chef/Instructor